Saying goodbye to people is never easy, but it gets easier every time we do it. The connection I had with most of the people in my class last year, made saying goodbye almost unbearable. This year it’s quite different.
Don’t know why, but while I’m in this “saying goodbye” mood, I’m listening to some of my favorite songs.
My roommate came back this afternoon. She went to America with her grandmother. Everyone who still has their grandparents, you are extremely lucky, people. Cherish them. It’s been two years since my Gran’s passing, and I still think of her often. I miss her dearly.
Had a class tonight at seven. It was a Business English class. There are two books, but I think it’s stuff the students don’t need. So, I asked them what they would like to learn, because they’re paying their hard-earned money for the class. Most of them expressed an interest in learning how to write formal e-mails. That has been a hit with them so far.
So, which songs are on my playlist? You probably might not like my playlist, but that’s fine by me. Check them out.
Before I write them down, I’m NOT into today’s music. I can listen to a Rihanna song, but I wouldn’t go out and buy her album. Same goes for Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, what-have-you. Might hear a song I like, I’ll download it, but buy an album… probably not. I WOULD go to a Beyonce show, but the rest of the artists… maybe if some gave me a ticket. In case you were wondering, I’m 33 (not 53, LOL).
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Crazy – Seal
- What’s Goin’ On – Four Non Blondes
- I’ll Be Your Everything – Tommy Page
- No Ordinary Love – Sade
- Hold On My Heart – Genesis
- Endless Road – Time Bandits
- Faithfully – Journey
- Baby Can I Hold You – Tracy Chapman
- Hold Me Now – Johnny Logan
- The Right Combination – Seiko & Donnie Wahlberg
- Are You Gonna Go My Way – Lenny Kravitz
- If You Can’t Say No – Lenny Kravitz
- Every Breath You Take – The Police
- Under Pressure – Queen
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- Sympathy for the Devil – Rolling Stones
- Let Me Roll It – Sir Paul McCartney
- Pamela – Toto
- Holding Onto You – Sananda Maitreya
- Reap What You Sow – Lucky Dube
- War – Bob Marley
- Homely Girl – UB40
- Kiss You All Over – Exile
- Africa – Toto
There are MANY, MANY, MANY more songs I am currently listening to, but don’t want to bore you.
All of these songs are my favorite songs, but the one I identify with the most, is CRAZY! Why? Because I’m CRAY-CRAY-CRAYYYYZZZZEEEE! LOL! No, because I do need a little cray-cray in my life from time to time. I’m blessed to have seen the late and great Prince and Toto LIVE in concert during the 2013 Curacao North Sea Jazz Festival. So, someone needs to check Stevie Wonder, Phil Collins, Sade and Seal’s pulses, I want to see them in 2018.